Friday, December 2, 2011

What are your 5 favorite films of all time and why?

What are your 5 favorite films of all time and why?


#1 Gone with the Wind, Vivien Leigh's Scarlet was the ultimate *****. Great acting, great cinematography and fantastic script.


#2 Vertigo, You can't miss with Novak and Stewart and Hitchcock's direction. A definite nail bitter.


#3 Mildred Pierce. Joan Crawford at her finest. No wonder she was a star all those years.


#4 What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? Another Crawford picture with Bette Davis as well. can't beat this twosome!


#5 Rear Window, another Hitchcock film featuring Grace Kelly, Stewart, Thelma Ritter and Perry Mason I mean Raymond Burr!


The pictures they make today can't compare with any of these.|||In no particular order:





Roman Holiday- Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck are reason enough. He was insanely handsome!





Gone with the Wind- Brilliant movie. I could watch Vivian Leigh as Scarlett all day.





Rear Window- Grace Kelly was mind numbingly beautiful and talented.





The Seven Year Itch- The first Marilyn movie I ever saw, it holds a special place in my heart.





To Kill a Mockingbird- My mom made me watch this movie when I was a teenager and I fell in love with it.





and I have to add The Wizard of Oz because I love it so very much. Me and my mom would watch it together every year when it came on television.

No comments:

Post a Comment